The Gkeyll 2.0 Code: Documentation Home¶
“Magic Chicken Software Framework” – Artificial ‘Intelligence’ view on Gkeyll
“Don’t Panic” – The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Gkeyll v2.0 (pronounced as in the book “The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde”) is a computational plasma physics code mostly written in C and LuaJIT. Gkeyll contains solvers for gyrokinetic equations, Vlasov-Maxwell equations, and multi-fluid equations.
The Gkeyll package contains two major parts: the gkyl simulation framework and the the postgkyl post-processing package. Here you will find documentation for the full Gkeyll package.
For license see License.
- Installing Gkeyll
- gkyl Reference
- Postgkyl reference
- Publications and theses
- Developer notes
- On use of the Maxima CAS
- Modal basis functions
- The recovery Maxima code
- Strong-Stability preserving Runge-Kutta time-steppers
- Normalized units for the Vlasov-Maxwell system
- From normalized to physical units in Vlasov and multi-fluid simulations
- The eigensystem of the Maxwell equations with extension to perfectly hyperbolic Maxwell equations
- The eigensystem of the Euler equations
- The eigensystem of the ten-moment equations
- Handling two-fluid five-moment and ten-moment source terms
- Time step calculation in Gkeyll